Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
or it can be just Lemon Bundt Cake w/out adding blueberries!
(The cake my cute new polka dotted cake stand from Marshalls..true love!! Thank to my friend Jami Jill for "spotting" it for me!!)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup of blueberries sprinkled with flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. (So I way overdid this on this cake...last time I didn't do it enough and it stuck to the pan and was hideous...but still tasted great!! I was determined to get it out of the pan this afternoon...and I did!! Whew!!)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter..mix well!
- Add blueberries and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean. I could have pulled it out about 5 minutes early...so check it near the end of the baking time!
- While cake is cooking, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
- While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool. (This makes the cake SUPER MOIST!!!!)
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
DELICOUS!! Can't wait to have it tomorrow morning again for breakfast!