Sunday, September 18, 2011

Me and Emma

Me and Emma by Elizabeth Flock
What a surprise ending...a very sad novel that was not very easy for me to read!! WOW....poor Caroline "Carrie" was from a very dysfunctional family and she had to do so many crazy things to survive!  Her Mom tried her best to love her daughter...even after marrying a very abusive second husband...Carrie wanted to leave so many times. One of my favorite characters in this book is Mr. Wilson--a nice, older man that Carrie wished was her own..he taught her many lifelong skills and they both shared the love of music! I liked this book but it did take a a few weeks to get through it......being a teacher...it makes me wonder if I have ever taught any students like Carrie?  I know I have taught many children that have been through more than I can imagine.....SURVIVAL is the key word!

No comments: